Early Bird Registration has ENDED…but there are still a few spaces remaining for our Third Annual Winter Retreat for 2012 at Breitenbush Hot Springs. We always have such an amazing time with so many great people from coast to coast. To reserve your space, register ASAP. The price is still super reasonable compared to other offerings at this lodge. As always, we try to keep it affordable for everyone. Donations to the teachers at the end of the retreat are always welcome.
These retreats are the high point of my year. We’re are so blessed to be able to offer these. So many people locally and online are participating in the revolution of consciousness in recovery – within 12-Step communities and beyond. We have several groups nationwide. If you’d like to learn how to form groups in your area, this retreat is the time to do it. The theme for this retreat is: Break Down or Break Through: Crumbling Our Walls in Recovery. Our weekend course will include Yogis in Recovery practice, taught by Darren Littlejohn, Certified Yoga Teacher. Tysa Fennern will offer Shamanic Practices for connecting with the elements, Lisa Smith, LMT will provide mini sessions of body and energy healing work through massage, Pat Norris giving Zen instruction and sitting sessions and Nicole Vanderhoff, C. Ht. will present Hypno-Chakra Therapy with 9 Singing Crystal Bowls! As always, we’ll have silent sitting and daily walking groups, group discussion and the famous Aspects of Self Dialog process.
Join Darren Littlejohn, author of the 12-Step Buddhist and Tysa Fennern for the Third Annual 12-Step Buddhist Winter Retreat at Breitenbush Hot Springs in Oregon. The retreat is open to anyone – you do not have to be an addict or Buddhist to participate. Join us as we foster spiritual recovery in the rustic but comfortable mountain setting. The retreat is priced as low as possible! Ealry bird of $99 plus lodging has concluded. Cost is now $149 plug lodging as of Jan. 10th, 2012. We don’t control the lodging options. Details explained below.
Note: The info is slightly different in the catalog which is not correct. The information here on this page is correct.
To keep costs down, all registration will be handled by us. Note: Don’t contact Breitenbush for registration. See the Breitenbush website for facility details, map, directions, etc. There is bedding (pillows and blankets) available for $16 (single)\$22 (double) through PayPal below for the weekend or you can bring your own. Please email Darren Littlejohn for specifics about the retreat activities. Breitenbush is not handling any of the retreat details. They will refer you to us.
Retreat and lodging fees are per person, (not per cabin) for the entire weekend and include food.
- Retreat Registration cost $149 plus lodging (slightly different than catalog details)
- Bedding: Bring your own or $16 (Single), $22 (Double) – make this payment using PayPal
- Dana (Dharma Tips) to individual presenters gratefully accepted
- Cabin w Toilet – $100 per person per night. Total: 149+200=$349 – 2 male shared cabins spaces and 1 cabin w/ 2 beds (could be private or shared)
- Cabin non-Bathroom – $84 per person per night. Total: 149+168=$317 – 4 open cabins (2-3 beds each could be mixed or private for couples)
- Dorm – $63 per person per night. Total: 149+126=$275 – Both Female/Male SOLD OUT
To Register, please calculate your lodging choice plus retreat costs and send via PayPal on the link below or using [email protected] directly. Checks can be accepted as a last resort. It’s much easier for us with PayPal. Note: PayPal payments must go to [email protected] Make checks payable to Darren Littlejohn. For questions regarding rooms and other logistics email myself or Tysa.
NOTE: Be sure to indicate in the PayPal “instructions to seller” if you require any diet restrictions, bedding, and/or special room accommodations (partner preferences or couples), etc.
To secure your place, please try to make full payment using PayPal. All lodging options are first come, first serve. We have limited space and will try to accommodate everyone’s choices.
Refunds and Cancellations
- We’re committed to pay for the spots we reserve.
- Registration deposits are non-refundable after December 15th. By Jan 10th all reservations should be paid in full in advance. But if you’re having difficulties with that, contact Tysa to make arrangements. We don’t want anyone left out in the cold!
- Lodging refunds can only be given if cancellation made by 1/1/11.
- All retreat and lodging fees must be paid in full by midnight, January 15th. (If we don’t have the full registration by the cutoff, we have to release the beds to other guests or pay for them ourselves.)
- After January 15th, 2012 deposits are no longer excepted unless you make arrangements with Tysa Fennern (503-358-1794). If you have made a deposit and have not paid in full, please note that lodging preferences are given to retreatants who are paid in full.
Lodging includes: Vegetarian/Organic meals; Friday dinner, 3 meals on Saturday, breakfast and optional lunch on Sunday and 24 hour access to natural hot springs, as well as other Breitenbush staff planned activities including optional massage (contact Breitenbush to schedule massage 2-weeks prior).
- Dorm – 4 bunkbeds shared (separate men and women dorms)
- Cabins – all cabins are geothermally heated and fully enclosed with 2-3 beds
- Shared Cabin with outside toilet access
- Shared Cabin with private sink and toilet inside
- Lodge Room inside main lodge with no bathroom
Reserved for disabled persons – the lodge room is nearby the main area and is not as quiet but is wheelchair accessible. However, not all of the areas of Breitenbush are easily accessed by wheelchair. For questions about access please call the facility.
Note: All registration will be managed by Darren Littlejohn and Tysa Fennern, so please don’t ask Breitenbush staff about retreat details.
Schedule of Activities
We’ll post a complete schedule with all meetings, topics and other events in the main meeting hall. Everyone will get a copy during check-in as well. Until then, please see the 2012 Tentative Retreat Schedule of activities below:
- Guided and silent meditations, some mantra chanting, zen walking meditations.
- Aspects of Self Dialogs on topics related to this retreat theme: Break Down or Break Through: Crumbling Our Walls in Recovery.
- Midnight Meditations and Games Friday and Saturday nights! Bring your favorite group game to share.
- Writing and Art Exercises – bring your own notebook for journaling/inventory work.
- Spiritual Topic Book Basket – bring a favorite book to share for the topic grab bag. All books will be returned to their owners at conclusion of retreat.
- Spiritual Altar – bring an item to collect energy from the weekend for the altar; sobriety chip, photo of ancestor, sacred statue, flowers, incense, lights/candles, Buddha or images of other spiritual figures. Everything will be returned on Sunday.
- Yoga as a Recovery Tool – Sessions each morning and Saturday workshop
- Hot Tubbing in the Natural Springs – Full 24 hour access to the various levels of heat and steam – wonderful!
Directions for Getting There + RIDESHARE Options
Please coordinate rides on the 12-Step Buddhist Google Group on the Resources page. Additionally, there is a rideshare program from Breitenbush. Please check their website with this login:
The rideshare site is only intended for Breitenbush guests and staff. We also have people with some space in their cars. Email Darren for the hook up. It takes about 2 hours from SE Portland to get up there. Maybe a bit longer if it’s snowing. Chains are required at that time of year. SPECIAL NOTE: USE ONLY DIRECTIONS PROVIDED BY BREITENBUSH.
Get your free eBook!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.